In my post yesterday I didn't say what I was thinking very well. By study of the scriptures and the prophets we can learn what will come to be. I was trying to say I don't take what Dr. Skousen says as the correct interpretation of those events but as one mans view and though he may be right about how these events will take place we can't know for sure.
I learned of how Thomas Jefferson studied both the Hebrews and the Anglo-Saxons on their way of government. The Anglo-Saxons divided up into groups of 100 families as a basic government unit called wards. This was found to be a small enough group to easily manage but big enough to be able to take care of their own needs as a community. Each ward was responsible for setting up a school, a militia, a justice of the peace, taking care of their poor, building their own roads, having their own police department, act as jurors in court, and give the leader over them their votes who would take them to the next higher level when an issue included more than the ward.
Jefferson was a big fan of this structure and pushed to have it set up across the country. This allowed people to take care of local problems at their level and worked well. People locally will solve local problems much better than a large central government that is separate from the local issues and people.
Today the federal government gets involved in all issues and treats all areas across this country as the same. Anyone who has lived in various areas or traveled knows that the culture and people are different from community to community and state to state therefore the problems and solutions are different.
The best thing I feel we can do is work on improving our own lives and our family and then our communities. As people and communities improve then hopefully this improvement will trickle up to the higher levels of government.
No comments:
Post a Comment